When you signed up for odrive, you were automatically granted a free, seven-day trial of all Premium features.
On your odrive home page through the web interface, you will see your trial status in the upper-right corner. During your trial you will see an indicator of how many days left you have for your Premium trial.
Click on the notification message to upgrade before your trial is over in order to maintain access to Premium capabilities.
In general, the usage guide is organized by categories of objectives (e.g. Manage Disk Space) and includes descriptions of free and premium features together within a particular category. Features that require a Premium subscription are clearly labeled with the PREMIUM FEATURE designation for clarity.
The sections below have been created to specifically list Premium features only. As you click on the links below, we recommend that you read the other documentation for the feature's category in order to understand the feature's full context.
Major Premium Features
- Save disk space by using the unsync and auto unsync features to revert files that you've accessed back to placeholder files.
- Configure direct sync relationships between any folder on remote storage with any folder on your computer by using Sync External Folders. This feature works to sync a folder on external storage with a folder in cloud storage as well.
- Add zero-knowledge encryption to any storage folder to secure your files such that no one except for you (not even a rogue employee of your storage provider) will be able to access your files.
- Protect your files with Backup (Beta). Retain deleted docs, keep automatic file versions, and even backup any folder on your computer to more than one linked storage account.
Additional Premium Capabilities
- Save and apply sync settings for handling new files and folders detected on remote storage.
- Configure automatic empty trash settings to sync local deletes to your remote storage on a schedule.
- Define Custom exclusion rules for sync based on file extensions, names, or prefixes (basic wildcard setting for files or folders beginning with a pattern).
- Set your autodownload limit so that when you browse into a folder, placeholders under your threshold limit are automatically downloaded (while larger files remain as placeholder cloud files).
- Limit the amount of network bandwidth that the app can utilize by setting a throttling limit.
- Enable greater weblink access limits.
- Set advanced tuning and configuration options for how you want your sync app to operate.
The free version of odrive is quite powerful. You will be able to continue enjoying these features once your trial ends.
- Full bidirectional, progressive sync with placeholders
- Link unlimited storage accounts
- Access to all 20+ odrive integrations
- Unlimited client installs
- odrive web client access
- Share links with optional password protection and expiration
- Share storage with Spaces
- odrive Infinite File Size (file splitting)
- Move the odrive folder location
- odrive Agent for Windows, Mac, and Linux
- odrive CLI
- General advanced client configuration options
This section briefly describes how your odrive app will continue to handle premium functionality once you lose Premium capabilities.
When your trial expires, you only lose the capability to right-click and unsync a specific file or folder you've accessed to return it to a placeholder file. Unsync is a powerful feature, but it is by no means completely necessary. Everything starts out as a placeholder file, so your storage begins in its most efficient state. You shouldn't need to worry about the ability to unsync specific files and folders until you begin running out of local disk space. At that point, you can decide if you want to upgrade for granular control of which files are placeholders and which ones are fully downloaded. Free plan users can always unlink a storage and relink it to start over with everything represented as placeholder files and folders again.
Direct Sync Relationships (Sync External Folder, Sync External Storage)
The sync relationship will be discontinued in the event that you stop your premium subscription or your trial ends. The remote folder and your local folder will be unaffected, other than the fact that they will no longer continue to synchronize with each other. If you have placeholder cloud files in your local folder, you will not be able to access them by doubleclicking on them anymore since the folder has been disconnected from any remote storage relationship at this point.
If you used our Encryption feature and your trial ends, you will still be able to access your encrypted files on a read-only basis (no additional files or file edits will be allowed to synchronize until you've resumed your Premium subscription).
There is also a command line python utility that was created by one of our Engineers to allow decryption of Encryptor content outside of odrive. This utility exists to illustrate that you only need access to your storage where the encrypted files reside and the passphrase you used to encrypt the files in order to decrypt your files. At this point, odrive is completely out of the picture.
You do not need to worry about having your files trapped or worry about having to pay us more money to get access to your files once you've stopped paying for premium. Contact support at [email protected] if you ever have any questions about how to get to your encrypted data.
Your backup jobs will still exist, but they will be disabled, meaning that no future backup job runs will be processed. You also will not be able to set up any new backup jobs, but you can remove your old ones. If you later decide to upgrade to premium, your existing backup jobs will process correctly when the next backup run is finished.
In the majority of cases, if you have used an advanced configuration setting, the app will maintain the current setting. However, you will no longer be able to update the setting without restarting a premium subscription. To reset your client configuration to factory default, you can uninstall the sync app and reinstall the latest version.
You can also contact us if you have ideas for things you'd like to see in odrive so that we can help make the product better for you in the future.
Updated about 6 hours ago