Use odrive spaces to share storage more collaboratively within your team or with your clients and partners.
Spaces are special folders that you create and invite other odrive users to join. After joining, space members can sync your space from their own individual odrive folders just like any other storage accounts they've linked.
You can create a Space for any folder in any linked storage. You can invite the members you want by entering their email addresses. Recipients of the email will be able to sign up for new odrive accounts or sign in to an existing account to join a Space.
You can manage all your Spaces from the Spaces page of your account.
Members who accept your Space invitation will see the Space in their odrive folder, just like any other storage link they have within odrive. They can then access and sync with native desktop access using the odrive desktop client.
The Spaces you've created will show up under a Spaces top-level folder in your odrive folder, as shown below.
Spaces are a unique way to share any storage that you've linked to odrive. When sharing with someone outside of your team, it can bridge the gap between using different infrastructures.
For example, if your company uses Google Drive and you work with people who use Box, Dropbox, and other storage, you can agree to use odrive as a common sharing layer. That way each of you can leave your files where they normally belong while being able to sync files with each other. Your partner doesn't need to install a Google Drive client, and you don't need to install Dropbox.
How do I add multiple folders from different storage accounts into my Space?
Each space can only represent one specific folder from one of your linked storage accounts. You cannot add another remote storage location to an existing Space.
However, you can generally achieve what you want by just creating multiple spaces. So if you had these folders you wanted to share with people in your company:
You could create three spaces named Logs, Requirements, and Gateway. Invite your team to each one, and each member would have these folders in their odrive folder:
Sharing Encrypted Content
You can also use Spaces to share encrypted content from odrive. If you are using the encryption feature and have an Encryptor folder set up that is pointing to a remote storage folder, you can do the following:
- In the web client, go to your account home page and click on the SPACES header above.
- Create a Space and choose the remote storage folder holding your encrypted contents (not through the Encryptor folder, but to your remote storage folder directly which will show the scambled/encrypted content).
- Invite the person you want to share with and share your passphrase with them.
- Once the person has joined your space, they can create their own Encryptor folder which points to the corresponding folder, e.g. /Spaces/your-space-name.
- When the other person wants to access the encrypted content through their Encryptor folder, they'll need to enter your passphrase.
Since encryption is a Premium feature, both you and the person(s) you are sharing with will need to have a Premium subscription.
You can find more information here:
Updated about 3 years ago